Architectural Design with Freedom
Our timber curtain wall systems support architectural design inspirations that include the expansive use of glass, cleaner sightlines and extension of the interior space into the outside.
With its own invisible connector system and an effective 3-level drainage system, the highly versatile timber connector technology can easily be installed on buildings with steel, concrete or timber structures.
Unicel Architectural timber curtain walls provide seamless integration of timber, steel and aluminum in vertical facades and sloped glass roofs and accommodate designs requiring load bearing curtain walls.
Allow natural daylight to penetrate deeper into your space or building and take advantage of its inherent benefits, including passive solar heating and a sense of well-being.
More Than Just Technology
Let our team of dedicated professionals guide your design inspirations into architectural marvels from conception, to design, to construction.
Passive House Certified
Unicel Architectural timber curtain walls combine German technology with North American wood for superior Passive House and Net-Zero building construction.
Unicel Architectural offers a unique line of specialty glazing (IGU) solutions that provide high performance and durability for every design and application, including timber curtain walls.
· Efficient thermal insulation to Passive House certification with Um,t = 0.80 W/(m²K) (0.14 Btu/hr-sq ft °F)
· System width: 50/56/76/96 mm (2”, 2-3/16”, 3”, 3-3/8”)
· For timber profiles from 50mm (2”) wide
· Infill thickness: 6mm to 64mm (1/4” to 2-1/2”)
· Glass weight: up to 600kg (1320 lbs)
· Drainage levels: 2 or 3
· Polygonal assembly up to 45°
· Glass roof application down to 2° inclination
- Stepless thermal insulation via RAICO Insulating Block Technology
- Two types of screw fixed aluminum base profiles (with or without profile locator)
- Base profiles are easily and quickly fitted, and can be assembled with magazine-fed electric screwdrivers
- No external components can get through to the timber frame
Unicel’s timber curtain wall technology is suitable for any curtain wall project, along with sloped glass roofs with an inclination as low as 2°, making it the ideal choice for conservatories and other elegant spaces.